Ultimate Kauai Guidebook Updates
Ultimate Kauai Guidebook Updates
Updates to 13th Edition
It happens every time. The day after we send the files off to the printers for our brand new edition, somebody changes something that directly affects what we write. Several times we’ve e-mailed these changes to the printers. (It’s our only chance to yell that classic publisher line, Stop the presses!) But after the presses roll we’re left shaking our heads, saying, “Yeah, we know that changed. We’ll correct that in our next printing.” The internet is the next best thing to yanking back all the books in print and scribbling in the changes that always occur.
At Wizard Publications we continually strive to bring you the most up-to-date and accurate information on the islands. We are the only publisher who updates our books every time we reprint them. So if you see the updates below already listed in the book you just bought, you may have a recent printing.
The updates below are for the 13th edition of The Ultimate Kauai Guidebook. There are no longer updates to earlier editions on this site.
Note: all pages numbers refer to the printed edition of the book.
- ‘Ama‘ama (Island Dining) is temporarily closed while they move to their new location at 2555 Ala Namahana Parkway in Kilauea.
- Kauai’s Hindu Monastery (page 67) phone number should be 808-822-3012. They are not open to group tours at the moment. Only self-guided tours of the grounds are available to non-worshippers.
- Kilauea Lighthouse (page 52) is closed until further notice. You may still visit the Kilauea Point Refuge and the area outside of the lighthouse as well as the Visitor Center and Nature Store. Reservations must be obtained online in advance at https://www.recreation.gov/ticket/facility/300018.
- Queen’s Bath (page 106) is closed in the winter months October through April from 2022 onwards.
- Russell’s by Eat Healthy (Island Dining) no dinner for now until they find a new chef. Anyone looking for a job?
- Sheraton Kauai’s Halelani Romantic Dinner (Island Dining) is closed for now.
- Ha‘ena State Park & Napali Coast Access Info (including all beaches, camping, parking, etc. contained therein): see DLNR website for details. The shuttle is in operation.
- Limahuli Garden (page 57) all guided tours are unavailable until further notice.
- Kaua‘i Harley-Davidson (page 24) is now Kauai Motorsports. HOG rental rate is $251 for 24 hours.
- Saturday Farmers Market in Puhi (page 44) is now located across the highway from Kauai Community College in the park behind the Kauai Motorsports store and is called Grove Farm Market at 9:30 a.m.
- Camping (page 146) there is currently no camping at Black Pot.
- Princeville Ranch Stables (page 172) is no longer doing tours. They provide riding lessons only.
- Windsurf Kaua‘i (page 196) changed phone number to 808-482-1217 and new rates are $175 per person for 2 hours of lessons and practice.
- Secret Tunnel to the North Shore (page 213) a section of the tunnel has caved in and is not accessible, so this hike is not doable at this time.
- Blue Dolphin (page 264) no longer offers a SCUBA option on their dinner cruise because they can’t find any dive instructors. Anyone looking for a career?
- Scorpacciata moved from their food truck in Kapa‘a to Harbor Mall in Lihu‘e. Their new address is 3501 Rice St and their new phone is 808-631-2017. We will be back to review them at this new location.
- Street Burger – closed