Big Island Revealed Guidebook Updates
Updates to 10th Edition
It happens every time. The day after we send the disks off to the printers for our brand new edition, somebody changes something that directly affects what we write. Several times we’ve e-mailed these changes to the printers. (It’s our only chance to yell that classic publisher line, Stop the presses!) But after the presses roll we’re left shaking our heads, saying, “Yeah, we know that changed. We’ll correct that in our next printing.” The internet is the next best thing to yanking back all the books in print and scribbling in the changes that always occur.
At Wizard Publications we continually strive to bring you the most up-to-date and accurate information on the islands. We are the only publisher who updates our books every time we reprint them. So if you see the updates below already listed in the book you just bought, you may have a recent printing.
The updates below are for the 10th edition of Hawaii The Big Island Revealed. Note: all pages numbers refer to the printed edition of the book.
COVID-19 Related Updates
For in depth up–to-date COVID-19 information as it relates to Hawai‘i, please read our “Traveling to Hawai‘i During COVID” blog.
Everyone stay safe.
- Volcanoes National Park as the park slowly reopens, some hikes and activities still remain closed. For an updated daily list visit: https://www.nps.gov/havo/closed_areas.htm.
- To help visitors plan ahead for temporary road closures that might impact their visit, Hawaiʻi Volcanoes National Park has launched a new webpage, https://www.nps.gov/havo/planyourvisit/temporary-road-closures.htm
- Mokuaikaua Church (page 66) sanctuary is closed for renovations.
- Pacific Tsunami Museum (page 113) is temporarily closed.
- Big Island Watersports (page 216) is closed until early 2022.
General Information & Updates:
- Charter Desk (page 97) is closed.
From the Island Dining chapter, the following restaurants have closed:
- Annie’s Island Fresh Burgers
From the Where To Stay chapter:
- The Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa is now the Outrigger Kona Resort & Spa.